When your organization’s equipment hasn’t been maintained properly, you’re going to experience more breakdowns. That translates into lost dollars and intense pressure on the maintenance team to get production running again.
Scheduled preventive maintenance reduces the possibility of equipment or asset failure. CMMS will generate a schedule of PM tasks, making it simpler to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines. These schedules and inspections help spot issues before they occur.
Maintenance intervals can be scheduled based on time, operating hours, or part condition—triggering a work order just before the point when system inefficiencies or failures begin to occur.
But that’s just the beginning. Here’s how you can take your preventive maintenance to the next level.
Calendar Management in Preventive Maintenance Software
Calendars are a huge part of the maintenance operations management field—from safety inspections to planned maintenance tasks to staff schedules. The ability to visualize what needs to happen and when helps maintenance teams stay on the same page, no matter how busy they get.
Customized and filtered schedules make sure your whole maintenance team knows what needs to be done, and by when. These CMMS calendars can show work order due dates, preventive maintenance, warranty expiration, employees or vendors, task type, completion dates, and much more.
MPulse Calendar Management
In MPulse, calendars can be customized and filtered, and they work seamlessly with our maintenance work order creation tool. View calendars by month, week, or day. Plus, there’s no limit to the number or type of calendar views. You’ll be able to see what needs to happen when, quickly and easily.
MPulse Calendar Management features include…
- Customization and filters for work order due dates, scheduled maintenance, warranty expiration, employees or vendors, task type, completion dates, and much more
- Drag-and-drop capability to reschedule in a flash
- Unlimited number or type of calendar views
- Automated scheduling for tasks or meetings
- Ability to quickly add tasks and other deadlines on the fly
- Capacity to add inspections, deadlines, tasks, meetings, travel information, and much more
Media Management in Preventive Maintenance Software
Media management in CMMS stores all digital assets related to equipment, facilities, or work orders—including videos, photos, PDFs, manuals, vendor websites, intranet sites, documents, and more. As a result, all maintenance team members have access to these materials directly from records in the software.
Media management in CMMS offers the following benefits…
- Quick access to digital information resources right from your software
- Information stored with record, so it’s easy to find it the next time
- Commonly used resources available to all team members
- Reduced time looking for important documents or information
- Accessible storage of important training materials
MPulse Media Management
MPulse’s Media Management feature also lets you link media assets to your Dashboards, so it’s right there waiting for you every time you sign in. It also enables you to…
- Store or link to a wide variety of digital assets, including videos, photos, PDFs, manuals, vendor websites, intranet sites, documents, and more
- Link to media from asset records or work orders
- Provide quick access to media materials for team members
- Easily update or add media assets as necessary
Condition-Based Maintenance in Preventive Maintenance Software
Condition-Based Maintenance (CBM) keeps tabs on the actual state of your critical assets by recording the output of any meters and gauges on that asset. Sensors attached to equipment will use methods like vibration, viscosity, ultrasound, thermography, and other technologies to determine any changes to the condition of that asset. In combination with CMMS software, maintenance teams can use that data to identify patterns that could lead to machine failure.
When your maintenance team uses a condition-based maintenance system, tasks occur when the specified parameters reach a level that indicates a lower performance level. Once a parameter reaches an unacceptable level, maintenance workers are dispatched. As a result, your maintenance tasks are performed at the moment they are needed.
When an asset’s condition changes outside of specified ranges, MPulse lets you know immediately with CBM assessments, so you can react to prevent breakdowns before they happen. The benefits include….
- Improved asset reliability and equipment uptime
- Reduced costs associated with asset failures and production downtime
- Fewer disruptions to normal operations
- Noninvasive measuring technology
- More streamlined parts and inventory management
- Optimized maintenance intervals
- Improved safety
- Reduced maintenance and labor overtime costs
- Fewer chances for collateral damage to other systems
These days, every company relies on an assortment of systems to capture, store, and report on activities and transactions across the enterprise. Until recently, getting all your applications to share data required teams of highly skilled consultants in data integration solutions and services and weeks or months of work—sometimes with questionable results.
Integrated data services help you instantly share data across your enterprise. A tight data integration system between preventive maintenance software and your other business-critical applications and data stores offer benefits like the ability to…
- Minimize errors due to manual data entry
- Reduce data input redundancy
- Respond faster to maintenance problems
- Provide near real-time monitoring of critical data
- Adapt to your company’s changing technologies
- Share maintenance expense data with your accounting software
- Send readings from meters, gauges, and PLCs to your CMMS
- Exchange ERP data with your maintenance software
- Collect data from Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) devices
MPulse DataLink Integration Adapter
MPulse DataLink Integration Adapter includes four powerful features…
- Import data to MPulse from files, databases, or other applications
- Export data from MPulse to other applications, files, or databases
- Schedule imports and exports based on times or file changes
- Save unlimited “mapping profiles” to your data sources and targets
Mobile Preventive Maintenance Software
Maintenance doesn’t happen in the office. Mobile preventive maintenance software is a natural fit for maintainers. Combining mobile devices with preventive maintenance makes for a powerful tool to get the job done.
Mobile preventive maintenance software allows you to access critical information easily without calling back to the office or getting “plugged in.” Improved security features also mean you can safely control access to your data, even when you aren’t in the office.
MPulse Mobile gives your team everything they need to get the job done in the field or on the plant floor, even if they can’t connect to the Internet. No need to rush back to the office. Everything they need is right on the screen. Updates are automatically synced with MPulse once they’re back online.
MPulse Mobile is an add-on feature available for any MPulse edition. Technicians simply enter their usual account information to log in and…
- Receive and update assigned work orders
- Complete work orders with all required data
- Report problems in the field
- Capture data when and where it happens
- Document work with pictures and videos
- Track hours worked with an activity timer
- Find and link inventory using barcodes
- Work offline with seamless background synchronization
When a maintenance team establishes and regularly performs PM tasks that contribute to the upkeep of assets, an organization may be able to sidestep serious problems that arise as a result of neglect, as well as delay more expensive maintenance.