The Future of Maintenance Management
Eleven Emerging Trends in Maintenance Management
MPulse Maintenance Software identified eleven emerging trends that will shape the future of maintenance management.
- Technology Adoption: Computers, networks, and mobile devices are now in the hands of almost every employee—including the maintenance team.
- Enter the Digital Native: Older workers are retiring, and the younger “digital natives” coming onboard have a deeper understanding of technology and its capabilities.
- Data-Driven Management: Managers want the ability to back up decisions with hard data—requiring better tracking and reporting systems.
- Mobile Technology: Mobile technology is expanding rapidly, and the ability to connect from the field is a natural fit for maintenance operations.
- Better, Faster, Cheaper: Computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) software is now more affordable and easier to implement than ever, putting it within virtually every organization’s reach.
- The Cloud: Increasing bandwidth and more affordable hosting options mean you don’t need expensive hardware or a highly skilled internal IT team to access great software.
- Systems Integration: CMMS data now links easily with other systems, such as ERP and accounting software, predictive maintenance monitors, building automation systems, and more.
- Insourcing vs. Outsourcing Analysis: CMMS tools can help you analyze which tasks, processes, or functions you should keep in-house and which you should consider outsourcing.
- Sustainability and Environmental Impact: More organizations are seeking LEED and other “green” certifications. They need reliable maintenance and facility data to achieve and maintain them.
- Regulatory Compliance: Regulatory bodies are requiring increasingly complex recordkeeping. Organizations that meet this challenge are saving millions in fines and liability lawsuits.
- The Internet of Things: The rapidly growing market for IoT devices creates an opportunity for maintenance managers to use that data to improve the efficiency of their maintenance operations.
With the help of CMMS software, maintenance managers can capture critical data for making good decisions while saving time and money. The future of maintenance management is coming, whether you are ready or not. Become the leader who keeps your organization at the top of its game.
Want to know more? Click the “Download Now” link above for the full PDF.