What is Parts and Supply Inventory Management?
With its maintenance inventory control and parts management features, Parts & Supplies Inventory Management helps you prevent time- and money-wasting problems like running out of parts, searching for lost parts, or duplicating inventory you didn’t know you had.
Parts & Supplies Inventory Management includes stocking levels, reorder points, storage locations, and supplier information. You can also track various units of measure for a single inventory item. For example, you might purchase oil by the barrel, but use it by the quart.
Parts & Supplies Inventory Management can help quickly identify what you need for which piece of equipment. When an emergency arises, this information provides critical data for making cost-efficient decisions. It also helps your organization save time and money by improving tracking, stocking, ordering, and inventory processes.
Benefits of Parts & Supplies Inventory Management Software
The biggest benefit of Parts and Supplies Inventory Management is controlling your cost of maintenance. You can get your fastest return on investment (ROI) by implementing inventory management. That’s because for most organizations, a large portion of capital sits in the stockroom. Parts and Supplies Inventory Management helps your organization save time and money by improving tracking, stocking, ordering, and inventory processes.
With its inventory control and parts management features, CMMS software helps you prevent time- and money-wasting problems like running out of parts, searching for lost parts or duplicating inventory you didn’t know you had. Most importantly, when an emergency arises, this information provides critical data for making cost-efficient decisions.
Inventory Management Software gives you the ability to…
- Identify where parts or materials are stored, making it quicker and easier for staff members to find them and preventing duplicate orders because someone didn’t look in the right place.
- Enable coworkers to reserve certain parts, ensuring the right parts are available for a particular job. You can also track issue quantities for situations where you only have one part on hand when the job takes two.
- Control your stock based on need and availability, so the right parts are on the shelf, yet you can minimize other parts that are used less frequently. For example, if a critical part has a three-week lead time, you can adjust stocking levels to make sure it is available when your staff needs it.
- Track shipments, vendor performance and warranty information, including slow-moving parts that might be surplus and need to be returned to the vendor. That helps you control capital outlays on unused or underused parts and materials.
- Automate cyclical inventory counts, reducing the man hours needed and ensuring the parts or materials in the system are actually sitting on the shelf or in the parts bin.
Features Inventory Management Software
MPulse Parts and Supply Inventory Management provides records of inventory items and enables you to track and report on consumption of those items.
Your team can quickly link inventory items and their unit costs to work orders and assets. You can add stocking levels, reorder points, storage locations, and supplier information.
Parts and Supply Inventory Management also allows you to track various units of measure for a single inventory item. For example, you might purchase oil by the barrel, but use it by the quart. MPulse’s parts and supply inventory system makes dealing with parts inventory easy.
Advanced Features of Inventory Management Software
- Inventory Shopping Cart: Your virtual stockroom manager, Inventory Shopping Cart allows you to easily scan parts in and out of stock rooms with your mobile device or barcode scanner. You’ll always have an accurate count of all the parts coming and going, and you can easily link them to the associated work orders and assets.
- Purchase Requisitions: A comprehensive tool for managing parts and services requisitioning and ordering. Monitor work orders, reorder lists, and requisition records, then produce requisitions or POs as needed. Also allows you to easily track orders and requisitions all the way through receiving and restocking.
Inventory Management for Mobile
MPulse Mobile gives your team everything they need to get the job done in the field or on the plant floor, even if they can’t connect to the Internet. Improved security features also mean you can safely control access to your data, even when you aren’t in the office.
MPulse can make parts and supply inventory management even easier with barcodes and scanners. Your team can use mobile devices to access and record critical information. Scan the part. Scan the asset. That’s how long it takes to link inventory to a new or existing work order record. This system also lets you enter inventory items as they arrive and automatically track who is performing work.
No need to rush back to the office. Everything they need is right on the screen. Updates are automatically synced with your MPulse CMMS once they’re back online.
Who uses MPulse’s Parts & Supplies Inventory Management Software?
MPulse is designed to grow with any size business, from small organizations with one or two maintenance technicians to global enterprises with locations around the world. We serve virtually every industry imaginable. We like to say, with a wink, “We only serve companies who work in buildings or make something.”
MPulse Maintenance Software has served more than 2,700 customers since 1995, helping them keep facilities operating at peak efficiency and manufacturing assets working at maximum productivity. Our customers include a long list of household names like Verizon, Rolex, General Dynamics, Fender Guitars, Toyota, and Siemens. Our customers are located across all 50 U.S. states and in 22 additional countries around the world … including a research station in Antarctica!