What is Preventive Maintenance Software?
Preventive maintenance (PM) is routine, scheduled maintenance performed to lessen the possibility of equipment or asset failure. Preventive maintenance software will generate a schedule of PM tasks, making it simpler to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines. These schedules and inspections help spot issues before they occur.
Maintenance intervals can be scheduled based on time, operating hours, or part condition—triggering a work order just before the point when system inefficiencies or failures begin to occur. Use of preventive maintenance software also ensures equipment is properly calibrated and lubricated when it needs to be. Properly maintained assets perform more efficiently, use less energy, and fail less often—extending their usable life.
When a maintenance team establishes and regularly performs PM tasks that contribute to the upkeep of assets, an organization may be able to sidestep serious problems that arise as a result of neglect, as well as delay more expensive maintenance.
Benefits of Preventive Maintenance Software
When your organization’s equipment hasn’t been maintained properly, you’re going to experience more breakdowns. That translates into lost dollars and intense pressure on the maintenance team to get production running again.
Preventive maintenance software helps to prevent the need for more costly repairs. Benefits include…
- Automated PM tasks schedule that make it simpler to follow the manufacturer’s guideline
- Reduced emergency maintenance issues and unexpected production stoppages
- Lower overtime costs for emergency repairs and production losses
- Decrease in more serious problems and more expensive maintenance that arise as a result of neglect
- Established schedules that ensure equipment is properly calibrated and lubricated
- Elimination of lost information between shifts, reducing confusion and errors
- Automated schedules for both employees and contract workers
- Improved equipment and asset reliability
- Streamlined compliance reporting
Features of Preventive Maintenance Software
Preventive maintenance software features include…
- Work order creation
- Asset records
- Maintenance schedules based on time, operating hours, or part condition
- Inspection schedules
- Documentation of previous work completed
- Links to resources like manuals, vendor information, websites, etc.
- Reporting functions
- Automated email responses
- Streamlined request approval
- Links to inventory on work orders and asset records
Preventive Maintenance Software for Mobile
Maintenance doesn’t happen in the office. Mobile preventive maintenance software is a natural fit for maintainers. Combining mobile devices with preventive maintenance makes for a powerful tool to get the job done.
Mobile preventive maintenance software allows you to access critical information easily without calling back to the office or getting “plugged in.” Improved security features also mean you can safely control access to your data, even when you aren’t in the office.
Growing bandwidth and better access also makes mobile preventive maintenance software more practical. As a result, you can now connect to the Internet, and virtually any business application, from almost anywhere, via Wi-Fi or cellular connection.
App for Mobile to Streamline Processes
MPulse Mobile gives your team everything they need to get the job done in the field or on the plant floor, even if they can’t connect to the Internet.
No need to rush back to the office. Everything they need is right on the screen. Updates are automatically synced with MPulse once they’re back online.
MPulse Mobile is an add-on feature available for any MPulse edition. Technicians simply enter their usual account information to log in and…
- Receive and update assigned work orders
- Complete work orders with all required data
- Report problems in the field
- Capture data when and where it happens
- Document work with pictures and videos
- Track hours worked with activity timer
- Find and link inventory using barcodes
- Work offline with seamless background synchronization
Who uses MPulse’s Preventive Maintenance Software
MPulse helps our customers keep facilities operating at peak efficiency and manufacturing assets working at maximum productivity. MPulse is designed to grow with any size business, from small organizations with one or two maintenance technicians to global enterprises with locations around the world.
We have served more than 2,700 customers since 1995. MPulse customers include a long list of household names like Verizon, Rolex, General Dynamics, Fender Guitars, Toyota, and Siemens. Our customers are located across all 50 U.S. states and in 22 additional countries around the world, on every continent except Antarctica.
We like to say, with a wink, “We only serve companies who work in buildings or make something.” Our customers work in a wide range of industries, such as…
- Discrete Manufacturing
- Process Manufacturing
- Warehouse Management
- Facility Management
- Building Management
- Communication Centers
- Data Centers
- Property Management
- Resorts and Hotels
- Hospitals/Medical Facilities
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Senior Living Facilities
- Fleet Solutions
- Parks and Recreation
- Water and Wastewater
- Power Generation
- Energy Delivery
- Oil and Gas
- Colleges & Universities
- K -12 Schools & Districts
- Athletic Clubs
- Sports Arenas
- Amusement Parks/Zoos